星期三, 8月 16, 2006

It's Official! (Almost!)

The hunt for living space and peace of mind was on--until this morning. Due to one of Rachel's brilliant suggestions we posted on tealit.com, a website for English speakers "trying to make it" in Taiwan. (I urge you to check it out, there are personal ads, it's a stalker's paradise) Unleashing our shining personalities on the ex-pat community, we waited with baited breath, hoping to find the perfect (cheapest) apartment.

After an inappropriate number of responses made my life an unorganized living hell, (you should see my g-mail inbox, disgusting) Rachel and I finally found the Holy Grail of cheap apartments (4000 NTD a month, approximately 120 USD) and what is perhaps the sketchiest apartment EVER. Or maybe the now owner of it is really the sketchy part. I wish I could post the video he sent us in which you can see his reflection in a mirror and discover that he is filming wearing only a small towel around his waist. Happily he does not want to live with us and is moving out, but we are going to have to do some serious bleaching just to be safe.

And here's the confirmation e-mail I received from him this morning. Now there will always be proof in internet form that this apartment is OURS:

"Jess,
just now i take the video of bathroom and full room i attached, please see the same, some of my firends also saw my apartment, i will keep that for you, I m strongly trusting you, i m expect the same from you. Definetly my apartment is best for two ladies, because you can save lots some money in rent, you know better then me. From sepetmeber onwards you can take my apartment,mean while i am seraching very near to national taiwan university,today itself i will start my process.

joe"

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home