星期二, 6月 26, 2007

Welcome to HA-noi Main STA-tion

So, I don't know how the popularity of this blog is going to hold up, what with everyone on summer vacation (unless you're working, and, well, I'm sorry if you are) and the heat and my inability to write anything of value anymore, but I am going to keep trying and hopefully hit my crazy blog writing stride again soon.

Jeremy Gordon, Adam Mishler, and I just returned from Hanoi (Vietnam), Bangkok (The Oriental City), and Ko Samet (the place the Beach Boys dream of when they go to sleep at night) and, while extremely hot (we were sweaty beasts for two whole weeks), we had an authentically Southeast Asian experience (whatever that means).

Now I am preparing to go straight into insane amounts of rehearsal for next week's choir concert. Wooooo. Hopefully, we will collectively avoid being beaten to death by our insane/sadistic conductor (she makes all of her clothes out of tablecloths...how is that possible?) But...it's all worth it because our performance is going to be at the (now emasculated...basically they closed the doors on the statue of our favorite dictator...so...not really a memorial to him anymore...) Chiang Kai-shek Memorial.

Oh, and...I got to see the dead body of Ho Chi Minh which brings my viewing of dead Communist dictators count up to 2. I just have to see Stalin now and I will have a completely set. It's always good to have life goals.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I bet you have a bigger contingent of desk rats than you think. I, for one, would rent space on a satellite to read yo' blog.

星期六, 6月 30, 2007 9:34:00 下午  

張貼留言

<< Home