星期四, 9月 28, 2006

Two Quick Happenings (Before Class Starts)

This post is dedicated to Sarah "Skillz that Pay the Bills" Schillaci for all her hard work in commenting on this blog.

I have class in about ten minutes, but here are two stories for y'all (next up on the blog will be the Top 10 Foods I Cannot Live Without, so stay tuned):

1) Went to the Guling Experimental Theater on Sunday to see a Taiwanese/European joint presentation of Kafka's short stories in PUPPETVISION! It was actually really awesome and as the only whitey in the audience I got an edge in talking to some of the "European" (actually American and Canadian) members of the cast. They are all living in Taibei and planning to start a puppet theater sometime in February. I know puppets are little out there, even for me, but I'm thinking completely awesome summer internship.

2) I got into the NTU Chorus after a completely hilarious audition in which I totally screwed up one part but sang so low that the alto section almost fell of their chairs (as a collective whole, I'm serious). We have our "Welcome for New Members" tonight and, while a little nervous (there are 80 people in the chorus), I am extremely pumped to make some totally hip, choral-lly inclined Taiwanese friends.

Oh, and the European/Taiwanese Film Festival is all this weekend, so I'm going to try to catch some of that if I can force Rach to go with me.

AND, we have a mouse in our apartment!

:)

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home